All photographers know that focus is crucial in photography. In this episode, Jim answers a lot of listener questions about what to do to improve your focus.
What’s in this episode
- Continuous Focus (AF-C or AI-Servo mode), especially in sports photography
- Single Shot Focus vs. Continuous Focus – which is good for which situation?
- How Focus Works – article linked below in the resources section
- AF Micro Adjustment (AF Fine-Tune) – how to do it, and who should do it
- Full-Frame vs Crop Sensor – benefits and drawbacks
- Canon vs Nikon – should you switch?
- Colored filters – what are they good for?
- and more!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Support Improve Photography when you purchase on Amazon – no change in price for you, just support for us!
- Submit Questions for the Podcast
- Lens Rentals Article – How Autofocus (Often) Works
- Giant oval-shaped 5-in-1 reflector
- Cyber Monday sale – Jim’s personal collection of Lightroom presets – check ImprovePhotography.com on Monday, December 2nd!
How to Subscribe to the Podcast on Your Phone or MP3 Player (free!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Improve Photography Podcast.” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is http://improvephotography.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see all the previous episodes of the Improve Photography Podcast here.