Congratulations! You are one step closer to becoming a Featured Contributor!
The next thing you need to do is decide which type of article you wish to start working on. (Note: You don’t have to ONLY write a weekly column article OR a video tutorial forever after this. If you’d like to switch it up, just shoot us an email at [email protected]) Let’s take a look at our options.
$45/per article – Weekly Column Articles
These are articles that are good enough to get featured on the homepage of the site and are much longer in length. Repeated testing and lots of user feedback has taught us that readers want longer, in-depth articles on the homepage that is much different from the typical blog post you see floating around the net.
- Featured articles are at least 1,500 words long.
- These articles must be good enough to share with the 400,000 photographers who follow this site, and will be displayed on the homepage. We take this requirement seriously. If the article merely lists obvious tips and is not interesting, we simply won’t publish it.
- Improve Photography will supply the topic for the article, but you’re ALWAYS welcome to suggest a topic if you’d like to write something different.
- Use a catchy headline. For example, “10 Tips for Capturing What you See” or “21 Things You Can Do Today to Change Your Photography Forever” or “11 Time-Saving Tips for Lightroom.”
- Improve Photography will supply photos to illustrate your post, so please refrain from referring to any specific photo as it makes it very difficult for us to find adequate photos that match precise descriptions. You can include a photo of your own if you wish, but it must be professional quality.
- Take a video camera and tripod with you while you shoot photos and record a video explaining how you take the shot. It’ll pay for your shoot each time you go out!
- Video should be edited (Put in the picture you take, don’t include the part of the video where you turn on the camera and walk into the scene, etc)
- Introduce yourself in the video by saying “My name is ________, an independent contributor to Improve Photography.com.”
- At the end of the video, encourage viewers to visit ImprovePhotography.com.
- Here is an example of the type of video we’re looking for. If you’re doing a post-processing video, here is an example. this example video. This landscape photography video is similar to the format, but should show the final photo within the first 20 seconds of the video. Start the video by introducing yourself in 10 seconds, show the picture you’re about to make, and then share a step-by-step of how to make the photo with tips you’ve learned along the way.
- Videos should be between 2 and 9 minutes in length.
- Final photo should look very professional.
Final step: Click Here