Erica & Darin chat with Nicole Klein (of Charlie & Violet Photography), about Newborn Photography. The three answer questions inspired by listeners of the podcast. After spending almost 20 years in advertising working with some of the most successful brands, Nicole decided to seek out her passion as a professional newborn photographer. Today she spends most of her time photographing both glowing baby bumps and fresh newborns in her Mendota Heights, MN studio and will be mentoring across the country in 2016.
What's in this episode:
- The challenge behind shooting Newborn Photography.
- What is the perfect age for photographing newborns.
- Best lighting setups.
- The best policy for props.
- Is this something better to do in studio or at a client's home.
- Ideas for compositions & the best angle.
- Tips & Tricks for keeping the baby & their siblings happy.
- Posing & including the family in the shots.
- Skin issues. – Reschedule or retouch?
- Post-processing techniques specific to Newborn Photography.
- Do maternity shoots lead to newborn shoots or referrals?
- Improve Photography's Portfolio Reviews – (Join scads of photographers who received MEANINGFUL & HELPFUL feedback on their photos!)
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop – (Be part of the best photography workshop ever!)
- Catch up with Nicole on her website, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, & Twitter
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.