Erica Kay and Darin Mellor interview Nick Fancher, a successful photographer and author of Studio Anywhere. Nick shares tips & tricks for creating a studio space in unlikely places. He also provides us with some tips & tricks for getting creative with lighting.
What's in this episode:
- Erica has Nick explain his unconventional approach to lighting.
- Nick illustrates how the Jack Threads shoot inspired him to lean up, stay creative, & be flexible.
- How to shoot with minimal gear and transform unconventional spaces into studios.
- Top three tips for creating a portable studio anywhere.
- DIY Lighting Modifiers used by Nick.
- Listener questions about lighting & studio space.
- The importance of taking on a creative project during the slow times.
- Photography Start from Improve Photography – (Use Coupon Code ‘PORTRAIT' to save $40!)
- Nick Fancher's Book: Studio Anywhere
- Nick's 100 Portraits Project
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.