Jim has Darin, Brian, & Nick join him for a deep discussion on Extreme Depth of Field. Nick lets everyone in on his secret sauce for achieving his ‘look’ on landscape photos. The four tackle the Listener Question of the Week.
What's in this episode:
- Adam Collins asks how far is too far when trying to get the shot?
- Alyce Bender gets us talking about extreme Depth of Field (DOF).
- Which is better for getting the most DOF? Focus Stacking or a Tilt-Shift Lens?
- Darin argues that he has been having great results shooting at f/22.
- Jim & Nick stack focus for sharper images with lower apertures.
- Nick answers Rob Gainnese's question about he achieves the Nick factor in Landscape Photography.
- Brian goes bananas over the amount of messenger camera bags he is currently reviewing.
- Jim reviews the Mindshift Gear Rotation 180 Horizon Camera Bag.
- Animoto – (Get 15% off an Annual Pro Subscription by using Promo Code: ‘IMPROVE')
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop – (This is going to be the best workshop ever! Commit this this excellent adventure!)
- Jim's Review of the Mindshift Gear Rotation 180 Horizon Camera Bag!
- Range Kleen 82 Battery Organizer – (Jim's Doodad of the Week!)
- Sigma 120 – 300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Lens – (Nick's Doodad of the Week!)
- ANKR – (Brian's Doodad of the Week!)
- The Portrait Session Podcast Voicemail – (Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Just search “Improve Photography” to find it.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.