Darin, Jeff, & Nick tackle Listener Questions of the Week & dive into talking shop about post processing. Things get noisy as the three discuss possible alternatives to Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom. Windows 10 is here, what are our thoughts? Lastly the three amigos do their 5-Min-Round Robin Segments aimed to help you improve your photography skills.
What's in this episode:
- Jeff's recommended way of checking your shutter count on Canon. – Disclaimer (we are not responsible for third party applications!)
- Nick's way of counting shutter actuations on Canon without installing software on your device.
- Is it a good idea to pay for high-end color filters or can you replicate the same thing in post production?
- Adobe announces that the next update Camera Raw (ACR) will be the last for Photoshop CS6.
- Is there any piece of software that can outperform or replace Lightroom or Photoshop?
- Toning down the noise without crushing detail.
- Windows 10 is here!! – Is anyone excited & is it ready for photographers?
- Jeff fills us in on Windows 10.
- Nick offers advice on shooting sports.
- Darin once again bites the dust, but learns he needs to be a bit more careful.
- Discountfilters.com – (Visit DiscountFilters.com/Improve to save 10% off your order!)
- Magic Lantern
- Adobe Announcement
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop – (Be there or be square!)
- Falcon/Marshal 14” Photo Paper Cutter – (Jeff's Doodad of the Week!)
- Nik Software's ColorEFX Pro ‘Detail Extractor' – (Nick's Doodad of the Week!)
- Long Exposure Calculator for iOS – (Darin's Doodad of the Week!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Just search “Improve Photography” to find it.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.