Erica, Nick, & Darin answer questions from listeners of the podcast & from the new Portrait Session Podcast Listener's Facebook Group. The three tackle questions ranging from how to switch from Lightroom 5 to Lightroom CC all the way to kickstarting your business.
What's in this episode:
- What takes your photos from “Nice” to “WOW!”
- If you were to buy only ONE piece of Lighting Equipment; what would it be?
- Does a matte edit on an indoor portrait work well? When should it not be used?
- Are lighting modifiers recommended at receptions?
- How to completely migrate your library & photos form Lightroom 5 to Lightroom CC.
- Our favorite rechargeable batteries.
- Best practices for photographing a subject with special needs.
- Tips for kickstarting your photography career while working a full-time job.
- Nick's Lesson Learned.
- Erica's Lesson Learned.
- Darin's Lesson Learned.
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop – (Do not miss out on this adventure of a lifetime with Erica, Nick, Jim, & Brian!)
- EBL Battery Charger 12-Bay LCD Battery Charger – (Nick's Charger of choice!)
- YN-560III or YN-560IV & YN560-TX
- Phottix Mitros TTL Flash & Phottix Odin Wireless TTL Trigger Set
- Amazon Basics AA Rechargeable Batteries & Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.