Nick & Darin have Brian McGuckin from the Thoughts on Photography Podcast on the show today to talk about gear needed for a large family shoot. The three discuss their lessons learned & offer insight on a photography related product.
What's in this episode:
- Jeff Harmon from the Photo Taco Podcast give Brian, Darin, & Nick a hypothetical shoot & asks what gear we would use to pull it off.
- Is it better to shoot large groups up close & wide; or is it better to shoot tight standing further away?
- Brian chases children around & Darin is shady for these types of shots.
- Nick learns the hard way about calendar syncing. – This is not just something on Google Calendars. iCalendar users beware as well!
- Practice, practice, practice until you are proficient; & then practice some more. (Brian's lesson learned.)
- Stop over editing your portraits. – This is not a commercial shoot! (Darin's lesson learned.)
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Workshop! – Do not let 2016 pass you by without joining Brian, Erica, Jim, & Nick in China!
- XP PhotoGear Professional Hexagonal Collapsable Speedbox – (Brian's Pick of the Week!)
- A time for UV Filters – Nick found one for his Pick of the Week!
- WD My book Studio 4TB External Hard Drive – (Darin's Pick of the Week!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.