What's in this episode:
- Jim's first real taste of Street Photography. – Did he like it?
- How were Jim & Darin received by the locals?
- Approaches taken by Darin & Jim to capture the Chinese people in their natural element.
- Verbal model releases & how they can work when clients may not understand the concept of a written release.
- Shooting underhanded or being obvious. – Which option feels less creepy & intrusive?
- Preferred lenses for Street Photography.
- Implementing a spreadsheet with shoot info & checklists. – (Nicks Lesson Learned)
- Deciding whether to continue doing photography full-time or to step back & go part-time. – (Darin's Lesson Learned)
- Being patient with a business as it takes time to grow. – (Erica's Lesson Learned)
- Being overly excited will help people feel energized about you shooting their photo. – (Jim's Lesson Learned)
- LumoPro 8-foot Air-Cushioned Light Stand – (Erica's pick of the week for a great travel light stand!)
- Ravelli Light Stands & Phottix Varos II BG Umbrella Holder – (Nick's picks of the week for stable lighting setups!)
- Dumbest, cheapest, junkiest Light Stand available – (Jim's pick of the week for a lightweight light stand!)
- Impact Light Stands – (Darin's Pick of the week for a stable & solid light stand!)
- Improve Photography's 2016 China Trip – (Give Jim a moment & he will have the link working soon!)
- Improve Photography Portfolio Reviews – (Receive MEANINGFUL feedback from Erica, Nick, & Darin on your photos!)
- Guilin Photography Tour – (The best tour guides in China for photographers!)
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.