Jim sits down with Chris Smith to talk about the ‘Out of Chicago' Conference happening June 26 – 28, 2015. Chris also shares some awesome insight into the world of City Night Photography, as well as an opportunity to meet both Jim & Chris in Chicago!
What's in this episode:
- The Second Annual ‘Out of Chicago Photography Experience' happening Friday, June 26 – Sunday, June 28, 2015.
- Why where you live has an influence on what type of photography you most likely shoot.
- There is always something worthing shooting where you live. – Adapt and/or move to survive.
- Chris Smith's Tips & Tricks for shooting in the city.
- How a completely boring photo can be transformed simply by shooting at night.
- Jim explains how Night Photography can help one understand Shutter Speeds, Aperture, and ISO. – A neat trick for learning the Exposure Triangle!
- Night photography is not daunting… It is insanely fun and rewarding when you get your first good Night Photography shot!
- Chris' advice for finding the best shots in a big city.
- The number one place to photograph in a city is as subjective as Photography is in itself.
- Jim & Chris talk about what they are discussing at the ‘Out of Chicago' Conference.
- Chris & Jim talk about the importance of composition and teas bout Jim's upcoming book on composition.
- Getting your work noticed, how Jim might be able to help!
- Jim's announcement of a big shoot in Chicago!
- Fracture – (Use Promo Code “Photosonglass15” to get 15% off your order!)
- Out of Chicago: The Chicago Photography Experience – (use offer code “IMPROVE”for a special for listeners of the Improve Photography Podcast!)
- The Photographer's Guide to Chicago – (Christopher Smith's AWESOME eBook)
- Trey Ratcliff's Stuck on Earth Apps – (A great resource for shooting in cities.)
- Canon 6D – (Chris' go-to camera!)
- Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L UD Aspherical Ultra Wide Tilt Shift Lens – (One of Chris' favorite lenses!)
- Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Ultra Wide Tilt Shift Lens – (Another awesome lens Chris shoots & Darin wishes he shot!)
- Aca-Swiss Z1 Singlepan Ballhead w/ Quick Release – (Chris' favorite ballhead!)
- Gitzo Tripods – (Chris' tripod brand of choice for steady shots!)
- Dreamshoot Rentals from Lindsay Adler
- Improve Photography Workshops