Darin & Nick discuss a big change to the show. The to follow up by providing general Portrait Photography Tips all image makers can find helpful.
What's in this episode:
- Keeping client's back to the sun.
- Single-Point Focus.
- Shoot in the shade.
- Exposing for the Highlights over Skin Tones.
- Aperture can be key to telling the right story.
- Choosing between tight shots or environmental portraits.
- Learning how to shoot in Manual and using that knowledge.
- Start simple when using flash.
- Keep backgrounds simple.
- Separate subjects from the background by moving clients further away from the background.
- Embrace the weather.
- Do not forget the Artsy Fartsy Shots.
- Tune in for more excellent tips!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON YOUR PHONE (FREE!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – We’ll be in iTunes within a few days! Just search “Portrait Session” to find it when it’s available.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Portrait Session Podcast.” We should be there very shortly. Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is https://improvephotography.com/category/session/feed/
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this episode.