Day 7 – Exposure Compensation
Adjust the exposure compensation brighter and darker. To see the difference, take a photo of the same shot. Don’t forget to take set your compensation back zero, otherwise your next shot will have that compensation applied.
The feature is generally available in the P, Av (A), and Tv (S) modes on your camera dial. In Manual mode, it’s expected that full control of the camera doesn’t require compensation when getting a proper exposure.
• Use when you need your shot brighter or darker
- Based on preference, you will know which direction to go.
• The idea of exposure compensation is used in HDR photography when merge multiple exposures.
• Only available in the creative modes
• Basic modes does not support exposure compensation
• Every camera is different. Some cameras allow greater ranges in the number of stops you can go above or below “0”.