Edit My RAW File [Photo Contest]
For the last month or so, I’ve been teasing this contest but today I’m finally ready to release the details. This contest will test your skill at editing photos in Lightroom, Photoshop, Aperture, or whatever other software you choose. I took the photo and I’m inviting you to download the photo and edit it however you see fit.
The best editing job will win a $100 Amazon Gift Card and a free online photography class from us. The second and third place winners will win one free online photography class.
How to Enter this Contest
- Download my RAW file here. Once on that page, click File > Download. You may need to sign in to your Google account. If you can’t open a RAW file or can’t get Google Drive to work for you, then you can save a large JPEG of the file here.
- Edit the photo however you see fit. No holds barred. ONE entry per person.
- Upload the photo to our NEW Improve Photography Community page on Google+, or you can pin your photo to one of your pinterest boards and write #improvephotography as the pin description. While you’re at it, you can also follow me on Pinterest here! Deadline to enter is midnight MST on Tuesday, February 5, 2013.
How We’ll Judge and Announce the Winner
Dustin Olsen and I will judge the photos according to three criteria: (1) Does the editing job make the model look her best? (2) Are there any technical issues with the editing job such as noise, sharpness, etc? and (3) Has the editor taken creative liberty to create something unique?
The winner will be announced on Monday, February 11 by the end of the day on the Improve Photography Google+ page as well as on Facebook.
More Important Rules
- ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON! Seriously. I mean it
- You’re welcome to composite this photo with any other photo that YOU took and own all rights to.
- No holds barred in terms of what you can do in editing. You’re welcome to go crazy or just do basic simple edits–make the photo look how YOU want it to.
- The last time we did a contest like this, someone edited the model to look like a vampire. That was…. weird. Maybe no vampire edits this time? :-)
- No entries will be accepted after midnight MST on Tuesday, February 5, 2013.
But What if You Don’t Own Photoshop?
The good news is that you can download a free 30 day trial of Photoshop or Lightroom de graca (I picked that one up in Mexico). You can also use free photo editing software like GIMP.
The Legal Stuff
Prizes left unclaimed until after February 15, 2013 will be forfeited. Prizes can be claimed only by sending an email to email@example.com.
You’re only licensed to download, edit, and use this photo to enter this contest–the photo is mine. By entering this contest, you grant Improve Photography LLC and its employees, assigns, licensees, and sublicensees the right to publish your edits to this photo in any way reasonably connected to this contest or this site, including use in a possible webinar discussing the entries. If you choose to composite the contest photo onto a photo YOU took, you grant Improve Photography LLC and its employees, assigns, licensees, and sublicensees a license to publish your photo as part of the compilation you create in any way reasonably connected to this contest or this site, including use in a possible webinar discussing the entries.
No purchase necessary to enter. This contest is open to contestants worldwide, but is void where prohibited by law. You must be 18 years of age to enter.