Topic 2: 9 Interesting Things about the DJI Phantom Pro Plus
- Amazing for going places I wouldn’t have dared
- Couldn’t see white vinyl fence against white snow
- Magnetic interference on top of the temple
- Image quality is better than expected.
- First phantom with publishable STILL image quality.
- The screen is totally worth the cost
- Super bright
- All integrated
- Never buy directly from DJI
- Sale price wasn’t given to me
- Took longer than other retailers
- Still haven’t received rest of my order and no update
- No tracking info
- No extras
- Binoculars for a spotter will probably save you money to prevent crashes
- Doesn’t meet FAA
- The DNG is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the JPG. Not all RAW is equal, and this one is quite good.
- Chasing geese is the holy grail shot for me 🙂
Topic 3: Things to shoot in the Bitter bits of Winter
- Water features can be really beautiful in the winter time
- Fewer tourists
- Early sunsets
- Areas that normally only get love in the summer months can provide very original photos
- When it snows its much easier to find simple compositions. And less can be more
Topic 4: Plans & Goals for 2017
- Imminently hiring someone to manage IP+
- Imminently hiring someone to do marketing for photo location app (to be released in March)
- IP is hiring 6 news writers to write news articles each day on the site. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
- Wish I had time to do this one 🙂
- Jim’s goal is to stop chasing the next “nice” picture and do something new and exciting. I’m tired of following the “landscape recipe” any my goal is to stop.
- Storm chasing
- SCUBA underwater shoot
- Jesse is shipping me to the unknown
- Panorama with day to night transition
- High School Football
- Increase reach of Photo Taco
- Workshops: locally and travel
- Shoot more panoramas
- Nail down my flash
- Business – new logo, finances, bridal show
Topic 5: Darren Townsend “What’s the best platform for a photography portfolio site? WordPress?”
- WordPress if you’re building an empire, are extremely proficient technically, and are willing to waste LOTS of time formatting photos and troubleshooting spam and such. I can’t understate how much time you will WASTE fighting technology.
- Whatever you do, don’t just grab a random theme from Themeforest. You. Will. Hate. Yourself.
- Formatting photos on wordpress is a PAIN.
- Choose Squarespace if you’re price conscious, want a gorgeous site with tons of features, and don’t plan to sell your work in an automated fashion from your site.
- Choose Zenfolio if you want to sell your work in an automated fashion and are willing to sacrifice on price and pay a little more.
- Choose PASS.US if you have a website on another platform and want to send photos to clients. May not be necessary if you choose Zenfolio.
Doodads of the Week!
- Jim: Hengedock
- Could MAYBE replace my iMac if the MBP gets faster specs
- Really beautiful solution
- Perfect for people who want a desktop but like the versatility of a laptop
- Benefits of one machine
- Huge screen for editing
- Brian: BlackRapid Double Strap
- Nick : Crampons: Not just for snowy conditions They work amazing on slick mud and logs as well.
- Jeff: GeForce GTX 1060 Video Card ($210)
- Doorandom: Eero wifi
- Pricey sucker, but worth it if it works and lasts
- Coverage is perfect for my house
- Believe in Eero sticking with it more than Google