It’s finally here! How to Create Your Own Photography Portfolio Website in 10 Minutes or Less

I have been working to find the ideal photography portfolio website for years, and I think I have finally found the perfect solution for me.  In this video, I share with you the 9 Deadly Sins of Photography Portfolio Websites, and a step-by-step solution for creating a stunningly beautiful photography website of your own!  To learn about what makes a great photography portfolio site, and to see how to create one of your own, watch the video below!

I have been using Wix.com until I could find something that allowed me to be a little more creative. I love the sites bludomain offers, but do not like the expense nor the limited options available. Jim, thank you for putting together this tutorial. I am really looking forward to Part 2.

Hey Jim,
    Loved the tutorial and I will probably use it. The one thing I didn’t get out of it thought was how you got your domain into a wordpress site. In fact you didn’t really mention wordpress, but it is easy to see that you are using that to build your site. Could you give any tips on how to set up from the start on wordpress and the cost involved with that?
    Thanks!

Great tutorial Jim, I have just one question.
    Do I need to have a pro account on wordpress to install a custom theme?
    Currently I have a simple testing blog and I don’t see an option to “install theme” like I did on your video.
    I’m very interested in going this route as I’m looking for a change from my smugmug site.

• says

All I can say is that I’ve tried several hosting companies and Hostmonster is the only one I’ve been happy with for shared hosting. I call their support and they actually pick up the phone, they have a great price, website runs fast, NEVER had the server down, etc. I’ve tried several other companies that stunk, but I’ve loved Hostmonster for the last 3 years that I’ve been a paying customer.

I am having difficulty downloading. When I choose the wordpress-3.3.1.zip to upload I receive a message that states, “The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.” The video I watched did not go through all of these extra steps. I was hoping for a 10 minute website creation and this has turned into a 2 hour venture for me. Though, this is normal for me as computers and I do not get along. Can anyone shed some light on the missing steps of the video? Thanks in advance.

• says

@Tracie – If you just follow along with the video, you’ll see that you don’t need to take any additional steps like installing PHP as long as you go the route I described. Enjoy!

Jim, I have not been happy with the website building company I have been using for the past year. No matter how much time or effort I put into it, it never shows my work the way it should be showed. I think after watching your video I’ll be looking at switching over to hostmonster. I’ve been looking for the right site to switch to for a couple of months now, thanks for help!!!
    ~kat

Jim,
    One thing I just realized is that the Google ad words credit that host monster gives you is actually a credit anyone can get on any site. It doesn’t matter who you go with. I don’t know if this is a good to include as a “selling feature” if that is the case. But I did sign-up with host monster and have absolutely adored their customer service. So I thank you for the great advice.