What’s in this episode
- Two useful tips for taking pictures when the light source is visible in the frame
- Tips for shooting youth sporting events.
- A success story from a listener in following the tip Dave Black shared about getting into pro sports arenas to shoot.
- The rules of composition for shooting portraits.
- How to get started in aerial photography.
- Jim’s doodad of the week
- and more!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Jim’s new Lightroom Online Class for those who want to learn Lightroom. The class has 30 video lessons to show you how to take advantage of Lightroom’s features, as well as the ability to work directly with Jim via email to get his feedback on your work.
- Submit Questions for the Podcast
- Doodad of the week: Pixoto.com (and why Jim has a crush on it!)
How to Subscribe to the Podcast on Your Phone or MP3 Player (free!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Improve Photography Podcast.” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is http://improvephotography.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see all the previous episodes of the Improve Photography Podcast here.