Merry Christmas! In this episode, Jim takes on questions from photographers around the world who ask about taking photos of kids in front of the Christmas tree, SD card issues, product photography tips, and more.
The show will take the next week off but we’ll be back on the Monday after Christmas and follow our normal Monday and Thursday posting schedule.
What’s in this episode
- Jim’s step-by-step guide to taking great photos of the kids in front of the Christmas tree.
- Whether or not photographers need to concern themselves with the color of their clothing reflecting onto the subject.
- How to troubleshoot SD card problems on your DSLR.
- Tips for quick and dirty product and food photography.
- Selecting insurance for your photography business.
- How to fix slow flash sync issues with the YN560 flash.
- and more!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Support Improve Photography by going to ImprovePhotography.com/Amazon before you buy online - no change in price for you, just support for us! We get a small commission on ANYTHING you buy from Amazon to help fund this free resource.
- Jim’s new Lightroom Online Class for those who want to learn Lightroom.
- Submit Questions for the Podcast
- Request to be interviewed on the podcast if you’re doing something unique and creative with your photography and you have the enthusiasm to share it.
How to Subscribe to the Podcast on Your Phone or MP3 Player (free!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Improve Photography Podcast.” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is http://improvephotography.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see all the previous episodes of the Improve Photography Podcast here.