World famous photographer Joel Grimes shares how to develop your own unique style in photography, how he got out of a rut in his career, and his tips and techniques for shooting 32 bit photos, strobing HDRs, and more in episode 44 of the Improve Photography Podcast.
What’s in this episode
- How Joel Grimes got in a rut where clients stopped calling him–and more importantly–how he reimagined his photographic style to become one of the hottest photographers around.
- How shooting in 32 bit can add smoothness and detail to your photos.
- Strobing HDR images using today’s newest technology.
- How to develop your personal style in photography.
- How photographers can make a name for themselves and get their photos noticed.
- and more!
Joel Grimes’s Gear List
Camera: 5D Mark III
Favorite Lens: Canon 17mm Tilt Shift
Tripod: ANY tripod and ballhead made by Really Right Stuff (and that’s a direct quote from him!). He says the Really Right Stuff Tripods and ballheads will last FOREVER!
Favorite Camera Bag: Think Tank Airport International
Favorite Flash: Einstein Studio Strobes
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Support Improve Photography by going to ImprovePhotography.com/Amazon before you buy online - no change in price for you, just support for us! We get a small commission on ANYTHING you buy from Amazon to help fund this free resource.
- Submit Questions for the Podcast
- Request to be interviewed on the podcast if you’re doing something unique and creative with your photography and you have the enthusiasm to share it.
- Jim’s new Lightroom Online Class for those who want to learn Lightroom.
- Joel Grimes’s blog where he lists his workshops, and his online portfolio.
How to Subscribe to the Podcast on Your Phone or MP3 Player (free!)
For iPhone/iPad/iPod listeners – Grab your phone or device and go to the iTunes store and search “Improve Photography Podcast.” This will help you to download the free Podcasts App (produced by Apple) and then subscribe to the show from within that app. Every time I produce a new episode, you’ll get it downloaded right on your iDevice.
For Android listeners – Download the Stitcher Radio app (free) and search for “Improve Photography Podcast.” Or, if you have already downloaded a podcasting client, follow the directions in the next sentence.
For podcast enthusiasts – If you already listen to podcasts and have a podcatcher that you prefer, the feed you’ll need to add is http://improvephotography.com/feed/podcast
For those who don’t have a mobile device – You can always listen to the show by clicking the audio file at the top of this page. You can see all the previous episodes of the Improve Photography Podcast here.